«Communication in Covid times»
Brief description of the program: in the spring of 2020, during the confinement caused by Covid-19, many of us learned the importance of videoconferencing. Zoom and similar platforms have become our means of contact with others. For filmmakers and artists, the unwavering and still look of the webcam is a familiar territory. But for most of us, this is uncharted territory. When we use web-based visual communication, we spend 80% of our time looking at faces and, as in real life, we look at the eyes, mouth and nose. As in real life, when a face looks at us, it means something very deep, we can interpret facial expressions. But what if we don’t look at the camera?
Duration: 10 hours
Fees: 75 €
The objectives of this course are
- Good eye contact: learning to focus.
- Getting used to the camera: coming to terms with the camera.
- Good use of audio: vocal variety and pitch.
- Body language: importance of the nonverbal language.
- Zoom: Tricks and tipps when using zoom.
Is this course suitable for a teenager?
- This is an 10 hours course, suitable for teenagers from 13 to 19 years.
- There will be 2 weekly 60 minutes classes.
- The course will be completed in 5 weeks.
- Only a reduced number of students will be admitted.
The course will help you use video conferencing portals wisely. Starting to create the background of the image, the clothes you should wear, and the distance between your face and camera.
You give away more in videoconferencing than you can imagine, while people look at you; they’re also looking at your background.
Basically, you’re composing your own scene, whether in a messy kitchen or a carefully studied office with serious books behind you, clearly visible.
It is important for you to know that at Komünikare we make sure that all classes are highly personalized. We take great care that all children participate and that classes are entertaining and the experience in the class be fun and not competitive. Each student learns better if he does it without pressure, at his own pace.
As with all of our programs, “Communication in Covid times” for teenagers is taught by people with years of experience in communication and public speaking.