«Intonation & pitch»
Brief description of the program: the speed at with which a child speaks and especially his intonation is highly important for him to be clearly understood. Children tend to speak too fast, which complicates comprehension and increases the effort of the listener to understand what a child is saying. In addition, children often lack vocal variety which makes understanding them by people outside their family frequently very difficult. Adults often have to make a great effort to understand what children need to communicate.
Duration: 9 hours
Fees: 90 €
The objectives of this course are
- Velocity: understanding the power of speed and the art of slowing down.
- Vocal variety: the importance of pronunciation.
- Tone of voice: interpreting and varying children’s pitch.
- Pauses: the magic of pauses.
Is this course suitable for my child?
- This is an 9 hours course, suitable for children from 7 to 12 years.
- There will be 2 weekly 45 minutes classes.
- The course will be completed in 6 weeks.
- Only a reduced number of students will be admitted.
At the end of the course your child will better understand the importance of the power of vocal variety and pitch, pronouncing words clearly and distinctly.
He will know how to focus on his speaking style and slow down his speech, using pauses.
Children will become aware of the effort of his audience to follow his speech, and the importance of holding the audience’s attention.
It is important for you to know that at Komünikare we make sure that all classes are highly personalized. We take great care that all children participate and that classes are entertaining and the experience in the class be fun and not competitive. Each student learns better if he does it without pressure, at his own pace.
As with all of our programs, “Intonation & pitch” is taught by people with years of experience in communication and public speaking.